Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Day For America


Now Playing... "Yes We Can"

Congratulations to Barrack Obama
Tonight’s blog may be the most difficult one I’ve had to write. I’m on uncharted territory. You see, for the first time I can remember, the candidate I supported actually won. After the quadrennial disappointments that I have grown used to, I am uncertain how to proceed. Instead of trying to give any kind of grandiloquent commentary as to the significance of this victory, I simply have this do say: “Congratulations Barrack! Now go to Washington and get the work of the people done!”

Let's Hear What You Have to Say
Today’s blog is all about you, the reader. Everyone, please feel free to comment on your reaction to Barrack Obama’s big win.

Coming Soon
Stay tuned for my next blog. It’s lengthy and apolitical. It was actually ready to be posted, but was passed over until tomorrow in lieu of last nights historic victory. Americans can be very proud of themselves. Electing an African-American President for the first time has officially begun a new chapter in the life of the nation.

4 comments:

Ms Nomy said...

Theophanes, I agree with you that this is a spine-tingling, toe-curling, goose bump kind of day! Kind of an "electoro-matic for the people!" P.S. I love the video you have chosen & will be listening to it all day.

Theophanes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theophanes said...

Thanks for your wonderful comments Ms. Nomy. I'm a big fan of the video and song too. The singer from the band Black Eyed Peas who wrote the song was on Larry King tonight. Larry asked him about a follow up song that premiered on Oprah's show today. It's entitled "It's A New Day." I have not had a chance to hear it yet. I hope to hear it soon. The text and video of the song "Yes We Can" comes from the night of the new Hampshire Primary. Thanks again for reading and responding to my blog.

Hannah said...

thanks for your lovely compliment theophanes- I agree that the future ahead is a long road despite this great accomplishment for America. nice to meet you and keep in touch :)

love
Hannah F